piątek, 29 stycznia 2016

Abstract water marble

I've been imagining the water marble effect on my nails for quite some time, so I decided to finally give it a try. It's the second time I've tried it and I like the effect, but the stamping technique still remains my favourite one.

First I decided on the colours- I wanted a mixture of pastels and a neon, but in the end I chose a sparkly one too (color club youthquake, sally hansen I lilac you, golden rose 44 and savina fairy dust + seche vite on top)




I polished all my nails twice with a base colour (white - Bell).


I then applied vaseline on my cuticles and my fingers up to the first joint as well as underneath my nails. The whole process causes a lot of mess, so it's better to prepare your fingers as best as possible. I prepared a jar of room temperature water and opened all my bottles of polish. You need to have everything ready as it's best to make it quickly, so that the polish doesn't dry. I dripped one drop of polish each time forming a bull's eye. It is important to choose such polish which would spread over the surface of water instead of sinking. I repeated the action twice with each polish (having altogether 8 drops of polish every time I began the water marble in my jar. I used a toothpick to prepare the design I wanted (or rather was able to make). I put my finger inside (the nail should be facing the design) and afterwards I picked the remains with a toothpick. At last I took the finger out of the water.

The effect was really nice but messy. So I cleaned my fingers and cuticles with a remover. I used a flat brush to clean my cuticles.











Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz